“Just over three weeks ago, Samsung committed to a global replacement program for the Galaxy Note7. Last week, that program began for the majority of markets and the progress is encouraging” said DJ Koh, President of Mobile Communications Business, Samsung Electronics. “Our focus now is to make sure that all affected devices are replaced as quickly and efficiently as possible.”
Since initiating the global replacement program, initial Galaxy Note7 customer response has been strong.
Around 90 percent of Galaxy Note7 users have been choosing a new Galaxy Note7 since products became widely available.
More than 60 percent of all recalled Galaxy Note7 phones sold in the U.S. and Korea have been exchanged through the program.
In Singapore, more than 80 percent of customers have participated in the exchange program, which started on September 17.
“We are humbled by our customers’ loyalty to the Galaxy Note7 device,” said Koh. “This is why we want them to take advantage of their local replacement program so that they can continue to feel confident and excited every time they reach for their Galaxy Note7 device.”
Although there have been only a small number of reported incidents, Samsung is taking great care to provide customers with necessary support. Samsung has been collaborating with national regulatory bodies in this effort.
Customers who have affected Galaxy Note7 devices should power down and return their devices. They can replace their current device with a new device based on local availability. We encourage Galaxy Note7 customers to contact their place of purchase or call the designated local call center as soon as possible.