Minter said that the burning phone filled his bedroom with smoke so much so that he woke up in “complete panic.” He has shared copies of his receipts as well as photographs of the retail box which confirm that he had a replacement unit which Samsung promised would be safe from this issue that forced it to recall the flagship in the first place. Sprint representatives offered him another replacement Galaxy Note 7 but Minter turned it down and opted for a Galaxy S7.
Samsung is yet to comment on this latest incident, it has not yet confirmed officially if the replacement units also suffer from a battery cell defect like the original units. At this point a secondary recall can’t be ruled out since reports of supposedly safe units exploding continue to pour in. Something needs to be done before someone gets seriously injured, or worse.
Click here to read the rest of the article