Header Ads

Widgets for handsets. Utilities and treats



"Onrush of technology enhances the language with new terms. The term “widget” is one of most recent language gains. As for me, the term “gizmo” explains its essence in the most proper way. A widget for a mobile phone is some network application expanding user’s capabilities when receiving data via Internet at that this data is of personalized character and are available for tweaking.

Being cross-platform apps per se, widgets require a client (or engine, if you wish) to be installed on a mobile terminal which helps information to get delivered from certain online source to a particular user’s handset. Up to date, the only client for getting widgets in gear is Java-midlet although many developers have already announced that software products (mobile browser Opera 9) or operating system immediately will be added with a built in widgets-specialized engine. But it’ll occur in future, and for now Java is the only way for mobile devices to pick. We managed to discover a number of Internet pages with bevies of ready-made widgets, which we are going to tell you about now."

The 2 paragraphs above was taken from a very interesting article about widsets form mobile-review. I myself wanted to recommend using widsets since I only started using it since I got my N95 a few days ago. It is really useful. I chose all the widsets I need and at a few button pushes I see all the info that I need and updates. This sure beats entering the web browser and start looking for info in various places. I like this way more than RSS feeds (more options nicer to look at and just so mmuch more fun). I suggest you guys try it out.

Click for article at mobile-review

Click for widsets homepage

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.