Header Ads

New firmware for Nokia N95

Woohoo! Days after Nokia updated their PC Suite, a new firmware has arrived for the N95. This firmware is version 12.0.0.013. There isn't any changelog floating around but symbian-guru have used this firmware for a while and this is what he found so far:

"
1. Tracking is still available in Maps, and it still auto-tracks when it locks the signal. It does NOT have the new map view, with the updated GPS-status and data estimation displays. It DOES come with a free, 3-day voice navigation trial (which is a GREAT touch!)

2. A-GPS uses minimal data. Getting a connection used 6kb of data; 1.5kb sent, 5.5kb received. Not too shabby. I have no idea how much it would use constantly, but I'd say that's pretty thrifty. I have an unlimited data plan, so I don't personally care.

3. WLAN is MUCH more stable. Before, I had trouble using WLAN on my N95 because it would never consistently perform in my house. I have a Linksys router with WEP key. Previously, my N95 only even detected the network 70% of the time, and 50% of that time would either disconnect randomly, or not even full connect at all. With this build, I have been able to connect and remain connected consistently, with no troubles. VERY pleased.

4. Camera - I don't see a major difference in quality, but I didn't have any problems with this previously, either. Default sharpness setting is Normal for all presets. If you change settings and exit the camera app, it resets everything.

5. It still shows EVERY number as a mobile number in the Log app.

6. Testing with my roommate's Moto S9, I am unable to get A2DP to work. The N95 will connect to the headset, but then disconnect (sort of. It shows the disconnected message and the BT icon shows it's disconnected, but if you go into the BT settings and try to manually connect, it says it's still connected. A regular BT headset works fine, as does BT to my computer/keyboard.

7. Flash is still 2.0.
"
Thank you Ricky for this list! I will be updating ASAP.

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.