Header Ads

Bye bye Touch HD...Hello Hero!

After a almost a whole year of using the HTC Touch HD, I have decided to let it go in favor of the HTC Hero. When i first I got the HD, I was very impressed by the large high resolution screen. Touch FLO was fun for a while but it wore off...Windows Mobile was just simply a pain to use because it wasn't touch friendly and the frequent lags. I have tried numerous ROMS including ones based on Windows Mobile 6.5. While it does improve the experience compared to the stock ROMS...it was still slow. The best and last ROM I used was Dutty's Leo based ROM. It is by far the best ROM I have used on the HD and the new Leo manila is definitely an improvement over the older manila. Now about the Hero...I wasn't sure about getting it until I actually held it in my hand and played with it. My first immpression was...WOW. The phone and Android was extremely responsive and fluid. I knew right away that I wanted it. The first thing I did was of course root the phone and loaded a custom MoDaCo ROM. Well done and thanks to Paul for doing an excellent job on the latest 2.5.1 ROM. It's super fast and way better than the stock HTC ROM. Overall, as a first time Android user, I am impressed. It's going to be hard for me to go back to Windows Mobile...perhaps the HTC Leo will bring me back (that's one awesome device despite it's rather large size).


















No comments:

Powered by Blogger.