Header Ads

2013 – A YEAR TO REMEMBER

This time last year we were making predictions for 2013.  We had ended 2012 on a high note and had declared the year ‘bold’.

We also said the year 2013 would be even better and bolder. Looking back now, I don’t think any of us could have predicted just how much better and bolder it ended up being.
The highlights
In the coming days you can read all about the best of 2013 here on Conversations. But if I had to list my top three highlights, I would choose the following…
First is the Asha 501 launch in New Delhi in May. It was my first ever visit to India and despite the humidity and temperatures I was having hard time getting used to, I fell in love with the country and the people.
The launch event was unforgettable too. We were so thrilled, excited and proud to bring the new colourful Asha 501 to the market. We also organised a surprise meet-up with Stephen Elop and some of our advocates – it was pretty cool! You can read all about it from here and here.
Feeling welcome in India
Feeling welcome in India
Next on my list is the Nokia Lumia 1020 launch in New York in July.  I could mention 41 reasons that made it so memorable, but just seeing all the hard work by our imaging rockstars and software engineers finally come to life made it very very special. It was the beginning of a smartphone camera revolution!
Seeing yellow in New York
Seeing yellow in New York
And my list wouldn’t be complete without Nokia World in Abu Dhabi – my first ever Nokia World!
We launched six new products (big and small). We met with some friends (old and new). All I can say is that some days at work are better than others. And Nokia World was definitely one of the best.
Celebrating International Mobile Photography Day in Abu Dhabi
Celebrating International Mobile Photography Day in Abu Dhabi

The next chapter

This year also brought some other exciting news. If all goes as planned, next year we’ll start a new chapter in the history of Nokia, and in the history of Conversations.
We can’t thank you enough for all your support, feedback, comments, shares, likes, as well as the conversations we’ve had this year. And we hope we’ll continue to have many more in 2014!
Happy holidays! Hyvää joulua!

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.