Header Ads

#MissNothing – Philippa Stanton

Our #MissNothing campaign is continuing and this week we caught up with artist, @5ftinf, also known as Philippa Stanton. Philippa has been Artist in Residence for Shakespeare’s Globe in London and exhibited across the UK, as well as being part of the Brighton Open Houses since 2004. She enjoys writing lists, multi tasking, Spaghetti Western soundtracks and sitting at the table, drinking tea and looking at things. We’ve been asking her about her experiences with Xperia X and the #MissNothing campaign.

Stanton 2Who are you, where have you been and where are you going?
I am Philippa Stanton aka Instagrammer @5ftinf. I am an artist and RADA trained actor who has found that the art of mobile photography has not only become a passion but an essential creative tool. I like to think that I’m going where the ride takes me; always making something out of nothing and never missing a creative opportunity.

Can you talk about your involvement in the #missnothing campaign?
I don’t like to miss anything…I love small details and moments which are essential to notice and observe as an artist. But sometimes it’s only the camera which can actually capture and frame those moments and sometimes those moments would have passed completely unnoticed if it hadn’t been for a click of a button, so I wanted to capture a sense of that; beautiful things which pass in seconds but which convey an ongoing sense of story.

Philippa Stanton 1Did Xperia X enable you to capture certain scenes or shots, that you previously weren’t able to with a smartphone?
The Xperia X really pushed me to be able to capture a sense of action in a creative moment as well as gentle movements in nature which always inspire me; something I’d never done before.

Describe what the #missnothing / #liveeverything mantra means to you in 140 characters or less?
To me, #missnothing and #liveeverything means seeing all the details, finding the small fractured moments and weaving their importance into the very essence of creative living.

A little bit over 140 characters but we’ll let you off! A huge thank you to Philippa for being part of the project and for creating her wonderful imagery, tune back in next week to meet another of our incredible creatives!

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.