• The award-winning Huawei P9 is now available in Red and Blue, two colours that are set to be staples on the catwalk in 2017Berlin, 1st September 2016: Huawei Consumer Business Group has today announced that its award-winning flagship smartphone, the Huawei P9, is now available in two new colours: Red and Blue. Inspired by the dramatic and colourful world of the Pop Art movement, these vibrant colourways also reflect the passion and glamour of the fashion world. The stunning result is a beautifully-designed phone, packed with impressive features, that is a rallying cry for artists and innovators, and is set to be a staple in your favourite fashion ensembles.
In line with the colourways that are predicted to dominate 2016/17 collection catwalks, the cutting-edge Huawei P9 in Red and Blue is a spectacular smartphone for those who aren’t just part of the crowd, but define it. A harmony of design and technology, industry leaders in the worlds of fashion, style and art can now both capture and be the trend setters of 2017. Light dances across handset thanks to polishing process and an additional glaze applied to the metal finish. The result is an exquisite variety of visual effects under different lighting conditions.
Glory Zhang, CMO, Huawei Consumer Business Group, described the inspiration behind the new colourways. “Red and blue are two visual extremes for artists, two kinds of characters or two opposite moods and styles. Red is the colour of passion and fire, exuding confidence and youthfulness and expressing the vitality of the fashion industry, while Blue conveys a classic elegance and poise still popular in global fashion circles today. The bold collision of red and blue is fire meeting ice: all the passion and glamour of the fashion world inspired by a clash of the elements. When combined with the intricate wave design of the nova series these colourways show confidence, style and dynamism, and gives the artists and innovators amongst us a new level of choice and style.”
The innovative dual lens 12 megapixel camera, co-engineered with iconic photography brand Leica Camera, ensures that every detail is captured. The result is a smartphone that has the capabilities to complement the vision of the world’s fashionistas and culture creators. Super-fast auto focus means no moment is lost, whilst the magic of the evening shows and after-parties can be caught in all their glory with superb low light photography functionality.
The P9 is now available in six colours: Red and Blue join the launch colours of Rose Gold, Prestige Gold, Titanium Grey and Mystic Silver.
IFA 2016, Berlin, also saw a number of other exciting product announcements from Huawei Consumer Business Group. The Huawei nova series of smartphones defy expectations by flawlessly combining style and functionality. The striking MediaPad M3, meanwhile celebrates our senses, boasting the biggest screen to body ratio in the segment and advanced dual stereo harmon/kardon speakers making it perfect for watching your favourite films and TV shows on the move, or delivering your top tunes at premium sound quality.
Huwei P9 Red/Blue €549
- ENDS -
Notes to Editors
Huawei P9 key features
• The 5.2 inch full HD display included in the P9 uses the Hollywood movie colour gamut, allowing the display to cover 96 percent of the colour spectrum.
• The dual-lens 12MP camera features RGB and BW sensors, as well as laser-assisted focus. This makes the camera 200 per cent more sensitive than predecessors and allows it to provide 300 per cent more detail.
• The P9 is powered by Huawei’s latest Kirin 955 chipset, which is based on the TSMC 16nm FinFET Plus chip technology. CPU performance is 100 per cent faster than the P8 and 3D graphics are improved by 125 per cent.
• Running Android Marshmallow 6.0, the P9 uses the Huawei Emotion UI 4.1 interface, adding hundreds of user experience tweaks and improvements.
• The P9 supports the latest reversible USB Type-C Connector technology.
The P9 features “Super Hands-Free 3.0” technology, which enables hands-free operation of the phone in a variety of locations. Whether you’re in the car, a conference room or at a crowded party, users can enjoy clear conversations from up to three meters away. With a 120-degree range of audio pick up and directional noise reduction, conference calls are crisper and clearer than ever before, no matter where they take place.
The P9 has built-in dual-SIM, dual-standby and dual-connectivity support. It supports 33 mainstream frequencies in more than 100 countries, LTE (Cat 6) and connectivity speeds of up to 300Mbps, making the P9 a true global smartphone for frequent travellers.
About Huawei Consumer Business Group
Huawei’s products and services are available in more than 170 countries and are used by a third of the world’s population, ranking third in the world in mobile phone shipments in 2014. Sixteen R&D centers have been set up in the United States, Germany, Sweden, Russia, India, and China. Huawei Consumer Business Group is one of Huawei’s three business units and covers smartphones, mobile broadband devices, home devices and cloud services. Huawei’s global network is built on 20 years of expertise in the telecom industry and is dedicated to delivering the latest technological advances to consumers around the world.
For more information please visit: http://consumer.huawei.com
For regular updates on Huawei Consumer BG, follow us on: