Header Ads

Samsung Spotlights the Inspirational Story of Olympic Gold Medalist Snowboarder Chloe Kim

As a Worldwide Olympic Partner for the PyeongChang 2018 Olympic Winter Games, Samsung is helping spread the Olympic spirit by sharing inspiring stories of Olympians who embody the essence of relentlessly pushing what’s possible to achieve greatness. In its latest Olympic spot, Samsung, as part of its #DoWhatYouCan’t campaign, features 17-year old Team USA Snowboarder Chloe Kim who recently made history in PyeongChang as the youngest woman to ever win an Olympic gold medal in the halfpipe event by landing a pair of incredible back-to-back 1080 degree spins.

Beyond being an amazing athlete, Chloe is an amazing person, and her Olympic Games journey has always been supported by team effort. In Chloe’s case, making sacrifices for something greater than herself is what personifies her “Do What You Can’t” story. Chloe’s parents immigrated to the United States, and when Chloe was young, her father, Jong Kim, quit his job to fully support his daughter’s dream of becoming an Olympian – a dream which she has now not only achieved, but also exceeded beyond her wildest expectations. Chloe is proud to be representing both sides of her heritage – she is a young American living in California, and at the same time, fully embraces her Korean heritage – so her first Olympic Winter Games has been incredibly meaningful to her.

“I love working with Samsung and I actually did my first shoot with them in New Zealand when I was training. We’re working on a series of videos that helps me tell the story of my family and how we ended up here – at the Olympic Games,” said Chloe. “It’s been such an amazing experience, but was a team effort. My parents have made so many sacrifices for me so that I could chase my dreams. I think back to when I was too young to go to Sochi – so being able to come here and compete has been so amazing.”

With such a compelling story, Chloe represents the true embodiment of the “Do What You Can’t” spirit, and Samsung is proud to help support her dreams and celebrate her remarkable achievements.



No comments:

Powered by Blogger.