Header Ads

Sony Ericsson P1i iSync Plugin with Tasks-Sync available

This was posted by p.p. over at esato.

"
Hi,

I have hacked together an iSync Plugin for SonyEricsson's P1i that syncs tasks with iCal.

It's working on my setup - hope it will do so on yours.

Get it here:
http://rapidshare.com/files/5[....]_07_hacked_to_PE2.0a1.zip.html


Some additional information:
I have only hacked about on the tasks-sync, the rest of the plugin is unaltered original SE (v1.07).
So all bugs that have been cotained before, should be contained still.
But what was working for you before should work still.

On my setup the tasks-sync works bugfree.

Instructions:
-(make a backup)
-replace your existing P1i plugin with mine
-remove P1i from iSync (even better: remove the BT pairing as well)
-re-pair phone and mac an add to iSync
-set iSync to erase and overwrite phone
-Sync
-on my setup the sync process ends with "connection lost..." something (was the same with original SE plugin - so not my fault)
-don't worry. sync again
-on my setup after the second sync everything is fine and I don't get the error again
-that's it


I'm still working on the All-Day-Event problem. If somebody has a hint where to look around for a solution, i'd be very grateful for any information. With joint forces it should really be possible to get together a decent plugin for this phone...

I wonder why SE didn't implement tasks-sync in the first place. I don't know nothing about programming and I was able to do it.

Call for help:
I have two major tasks to do:
1. the already mentioned All-Day-Event problem
2. I would love to get this thing to sync categories (AddressBook groups/Calendars) - though I don't have high hopes to be able to
(Remeber, I did't make this tasks hack because I know what I am doing, but because it was utterly easy to do.)

If anyone of you knows a phone (preferably Symbian based; UIQ/S60) - or knows some plugin for one of these phones - that does 100% perfectly in both directions sync All-Day-Events (as All-Day-Events, not 24-hour 0:00 to 0:00 Events), please tell me. I will try to implement this futionality into the P1i plugin.

I am looking forward to helpful feedback.


Best regards,
peter
"

1 comment:

  1. hi, i was wondering if you could send me a copy of that plugin. Am experiencing problem with the original SE plug in. Thanks, my email is inkspirational@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete

Powered by Blogger.