Header Ads

Riku Rennicke: My Windows Phone 8 Start screen

Next up in our series of ‘Windows Phone 8 Stat screens’, is Riku Rennicke. He’s the Product Manager for the wireless chargers we launched together with Lumia 820 and Lumia 920.
For those who are still unfamiliar with Wireless Charging, it’s as it sounds – you charge your phone without having to plug it in. For a closer look at how that works we’d recommend you check out our ‘wireless charging explained‘ story we wrote back in October – it explains everything.
But when it comes to the accessories, they have to be designed to not only look the part but to be fully functional. We interviewed one of Riku’s colleagues about how they make their accessories charge wirelessly. These are wireless accessories designed for life, to meet your needs as they change.
How does somebody who spends his days creating high quality Nokia accessories organise the Start screen on his Nokia Lumia 820? Let’s find out.
RikuRennicke
What apps have you prioritised and why?
“Most important stuff is obviously on top. It’s nice to see whether I’ve have missed any calls or messages at one glimpse. Then it’s onto weather. The AccuWeather Live tile at this time of the year is extremely valuable. In the morning I’m able to determine if I need to reserve extra time for digging my car out from snow or are long johns required.”
“For the days where Finland is too cold, the Pictures tile provides a short escape by displaying random photos from the places where it’s always warm.”
“The rest of the tiles are mostly related to messaging and entertainment. I’ve got Mix radio for finding new songs, TuneIn Radio for similar reasons but I use it for local radio stations and I’ll definitely place Spotify on my Start screen once their Windows Phone 8 app is available.”
“I’ve set my colour theme to match my phone, too. The tiles are matched with my Lumia 820’s yellow wireless charging shells.”
What apps do you use to pass the time?
“If it’s just a short period of time, I spend it browsing through the latest Twitter tweets and Facebook updates. If I’ve got some more time to spare, like on a bus, Nokia’s great active noise cancelling headsets makes it a joy to stream TV series from Netflix.”

Nokia Lumia 920 and Lumia 820

Our first Windows Phone 8 smartphones.
Be a part of it.
What is the last app you paid for, and what does it do?
“I mostly use free apps but if there is one that really adds value I’ll certainly invest some money on it. Sports Tracker is a good example. It’s free currently, but if they were to make it a paid app I would definitely pay something to using it. Spotify and Netflix are the only paid apps currently in use.”
Which app(s) is your guilty pleasure?
“I don’t have too many guilty pleasure apps but if I need to name one it’s definitely the good old Tetris. I play long marathons especially when sitting in a plane. I guess there would be ways to utilise that time a bit more efficiently.”

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.