A local newspaper report brings us the story of a 26-year-old female named Lai who was walking her dog in the park when her replacement Galaxy Note 7 exploded. The phone was in her back pocket, she first heard a “bang” sound and felt the heat upon which she took the device out of her pocket and threw it on the ground. Lai says that she bought the Galaxy Note 7 when it came out in August and replaced her old unit for a supposedly safe one on September 27.
The newspaper has published pictures of the device as well as the retail box which carries a black dot which is what you need to look for on the box when trying to identify if it’s a safe unit or not. It looks very similar to the Galaxy Note 7 units that have exploded as a result of the battery issue before it.
Click here to read the rest of the article