Samsung’s handling of the Galaxy Note 7 recall has already come under fire but this latest incident will make you question whether the company’s claims about customer safety being above all really have some weight to them. Michael Klering from Nicholasville, Kentucky woke up at around 4AM earlier this week to find his Galaxy Note 7 on fire and his bedroom filled with smoke. “I was scared to death for a minute,” Klering said. Later that day he started feeling sick and “vomiting black” so he had to go to the emergency room where he was diagnosed with acute bronchitis caused by smoke inhalation.
If that’s not troubling enough, consider the fact that Klering’s Galaxy Note 7 caught fire on Tuesday and Samsung knew about it. They reached out to him to take possession of the device but he declined. Samsung did pay to have the phone x-rayed. Klering had his replacement Galaxy Note 7 for little more than a week before it caught fire. He initially felt that Samsung was helping him until the company representative inadvertently sent him a text message that was meant for someone else. The text read:
Click here to read the rest of the article